Domiciliary Care Recruitment
Are you kind, compassionate and enjoy working with people we are recruiting staff who share our values in delivering excellent care!
The Southern Health & Social Care Trust is currently recruiting for Domiciliary Care positions in ‘all areas’ of the Southern Trust localities which includes all local towns and villages.
We can offer flexible working hours with a minimum hours guaranteed contract.
Domiciliary Care Worker Services provide necessary personal care and support to vulnerable service users so as to enable them to remain safely in their own home or return to same following hospital discharge. Our vulnerable service users include adults and children with health and/or social care needs, e.g. people with physical / learning /mental health/end of life/palliative care needs. Watch the short video below.
Upcoming recruitment days
Newry: Saturday 25 September
Drumalane House, Drumalane Road, Newry, BT35 8AP
09:30am – 3pm
Armagh: Saturday 2 October
Armagh Day Hospital, Mullinure, St. Lukes Hospital, Loughgall Rd, Armagh, BT61 7NQ
09:30am – 3pm
Banbridge: Saturday 9 October
Banbridge Health Centre, 10 Old Hospital Rd, Banbridge BT32 3GN
09:30am – 3pm
Click on the drop down below to find out what will happen on the day.
What will happen on the day?
Our aim for the recruitment day is that it will be a ‘one-stop shop’ for you to potentially secure a job as a Domiciliary Care Worker with the Trust – either as a Band 3 or as a Band 2 with progression on to a Band 3. Although the events are being held in Armagh, Newry and Banbridge we will be offering posts for any of the Trust’s areas ie Armagh and Dungannon, Craigavon and Banbridge and Newry and Mourne.
If you come along to our event you can:
- You can apply online at this link and you will be able to avail of a pre-booked slot. Further guidance will be communicated to you by email once the closing date takes place.
- Complete a manual Application Form and download this now (although it would be much better if you can complete this in advance as this will save you time)
- have a short interview at the open day to assess your suitability;
- be offered a job; and,
- have as many of your required pre-employment checks completed all on the same day.
You should allow around 1½ to 2 hours for all this to take place.
What do I need to bring with me?
To allow all the above to happen on the day, you MUST bring the following with you:
- Your driving licence – please note you must produce both parts of your licence
- Your passport OR long birth certificate
- Bank statement/credit card statement/utility bill (not mobile phone) mortgage statement – must be issued within the last 3months and not online based statements, National Insurance Letter, Ylink card from Translink or letter from head teacher or further education college principal (UK for 16 to 19 year olds in full time education, this can be used if other documents cannot be provided)
P45/P60 must be issued in the last 6months
- NVQ/QCF/VRQ/RCF Level 2 in Health/Health & Social Care certificate (or equivalent qualification) if you have this
- Your fully completed application form – including full details of the names and contact details of 2 referees (one of these must be your current employer) and full employment history.
Southern Trust Locations – Where can you work
- Providing safe high quality care
- Maximizing independence and choice for our patients and clients
- Supporting people and communities to live healthy lives and to improve their health and wellbeing
- Being a great place to work, valuing our people
- Making best use of resources
- Being a good social partner within our communities
Salary & Enhancements
Band 2 salary £18,005 – £19,337 per annum pro rata
Band 3 Salary £19,337 – £21,142per annum pro rata
Enhancements will be paid for unsocial hours and weekends and a travel allowance is offered where appropriate.
Annual Leave and Statutory / Public holidays
27 – 33 days annual leave depending on service plus 10 statutory / public holidays.
Human Resources Policies
The Trust offers a wide range of Human Resource Policies to underpin the value that is placed on its staff such as:
- A range of Work Life Balance/Flexible Working Policies;
- Child Care Voucher Scheme;
- Cycle to Work Scheme;
- Savings on Social and Leisure Facilities;
- Excellent Employee Health & Well-being Support;
- Free Parking across the Trust sites;
- A strong commitment to Equality of Opportunity.
Continuous Professional Development
The Trust offers a training and ongoing continuous professional development through Annual Personal Development Reviews.
HSC Pension Scheme / HPSS Superannuation Scheme
One of the leading pension schemes available, Trust staff may choose to join the Health & Social Care Pension Scheme. Further information may be obtained from the HSC Pension Service Website at www.hscpensions.hscni.net . Applicants who are already members of the HPSS Superannuation Scheme may continue with their current arrangements.