Keeping under 5’s safe
Information, links and resources for parents, community workers and staff are organised by topic area:
We can provide a number of publications and resources to staff and community groups on request. A list of current resources is provided with this request form HERE.
For information on resources, training, useful links, campaigns and press releases, please see below.
- National Burns Awareness Day
- Burns Fact Sheet
- Road Fact Sheet
- Water Safety
- How safe is your garden?
- Stopping Breathing
- Poison tips
- Safe bedtime (Family Safety Week Posters)
- Safer Mealtimes (Family Safety Week Posters)
- Safer Play times (Family Safety Week Posters)
- Buttons/batteries campaign leaflet
- Take Action today fairy checklist
- Finger food flyer choking prevention
- Tool Box Talk U5s
- Window Blind Standards Holiday Homes
- Cleat fitting instructions
- Stay Safe at Home
- Lullaby Trust
Summer safety – advice on keeping babies safe when the weather is hot
Sleep position – covers what to do when babies start to roll
Bedding – advice on what basics a baby needs for safer sleep and how to choose the right mattress.
- National Burns Awareness Day is on 14th October 2020. Burns and scalds account for an overwhelming majority of the accidents that happen in the under 5 age group and most of these accidents happen in the home. See the new publication below by Child Burns Trust to promote an awareness of burns prevention and the action to take in the event of a burn or scald.
The following video link explains what to do in the event of a burns accident – Cool, Call and Cover
- Child Safety Week 1 – 7 June 2020
Child Safety Week is an annual campaign run by the Child Accident Prevention Trust (CAPT) to raise awareness of the risks of child accidents and how they can be prevented. The theme for this year’s Child Safety Week is ‘Safety Makes Sense!’
Family Safety Week 29 March – 3 April 2020
Family Safety week is an annual ROSPA home safety campaign.