Children and Young People’s clinics
Parents of children aged 5 to 11 years old can now get their children vaccinated against Covid-19.
Most children aged 5 to 11 will have a mild disease if they contract Covid-19 but some may experience symptoms which last longer than just a few days. Vaccination of children in this age group has been shown to help prevent the small number of hospitalisations and intensive care admissions that can occur in this age group. It has also been shown to help provide short-term protection against non-severe disease.
A new specially designed children’s formula of the Pfizer BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine has been approved for this age group and it’s given at a lower dose compared with that used in individuals aged 12 and above (10 micrograms compared with 30 micrograms). Like all children’s vaccines, this approval was given following a robust review of data showing that it is safe and effective to use in this cohort. Clinical trials have shown that this vaccine was highly effective at preventing Covid-19 in children, protecting them and also reducing the chance that they will transmit the virus to others.
Ongoing access to COVID vaccination
- Primary Vaccinations Dose 1 & 2
- 3rd Primary Vaccinations for those aged 5-17 years with severe immunosuppression
- Booster 12-15 years who are clinically at risk or those aged 12-15 years who are household contacts of immunosuppressed individuals of any age & those aged 16-17 years
Autumn COVID Booster 2022
- For those aged 5-17 years in a clinical risk group
- For those 5-17 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression (self-booking online following receipt of a GP letter to the household of the immunosuppressed person)
- For those aged 16-17 years who are carers
Autumn Flu Vaccine 2022
- For those 16-17 years in a clinical risk group
**Booking line – if you require additional support at our dedicated clinic, please phone
Mon-Fri 9.30am – 1.30pm to manage queries for parents and those clinically at risk.
|Saturday 25 March||12pm - 4pm||The Quays Shopping Centre, Newry|