Day Opportunities is a package of community-based day time activities which will engage adults with a learning, physical and/or sensory disability or a brain injury in areas such as accredited further education; volunteering; paid employment; social enterprise activity and opportunities to meet and make new friends and use local leisure and recreational facilities.
Day Opportunities services are not building based, the service is flexible and ever changing, to meet the needs of the individuals referred. The service operates across all locality areas within the Southern Trust– Armagh/Dungannon, Craigavon/Banbridge and Newry/Mourne.
The service aims to enable individuals to lead full and meaningful lives within their neighbourhoods, have access to a wide range of social, work and leisure opportunities and form/maintain friendships and relationships.
Pictures of the service
Routes to access the service
Referrals are only accepted from the individual’s case manager.
- Individual is an open case to adult community fieldwork team
- Individual with Learning Disability 18 years plus
- Individual with Physical Disability, Brain Injury is 18-64 years
- Individual is able to independently attend to own personal care needs
- Individual has capacity to access a wide range of opportunities within the community with support to improve quality of life and maximise their independence
- Individuals aware and willing to participate in activities outdoors in all weathers (as necessary)
- Individual can independently access groups via own or public transport
- Individual has capacity and is aware that they incur costs for room hire and activities where applicable
- Individual should not be receiving other services which would lead to duplication of service provision such as a training programme, Day Care services, attending work placement etc
When an individual commences with the service a 12 week review will be completed to ensure the placement is appropriate to meet the individuals assessed need.
COVID-19 specific information
Wellness checks are completed daily prior to individuals attending any of the face to face groups.