Physical activity is all about moving more and sitting less. It is much easier to sustain if it is enjoyable, and is incorporated into daily life to become a habit.
Physical activity is good for us, not only to help us physically but also mentally no matter what your age or fitness level.
Physical activity is all about moving, so move more and sits less!
The Southern Trust coordinates a number of physical activity initiatives to help communities stay active and increase awareness of moving more and sitting less.
- Benefits of physical activity
- How much physical activity should we do to stay healthy?
- How to be more active and sit less!
Physical activity is all about moving more and sitting less. It is much easier to sustain if it is enjoyable, and is incorporated into everyday life. We provide a range of different opportunities to help increase physical activity levels for various population groups.
- Southern Walking for Health
- Southern Cycle for Health
- Active pregnancy
- Daily Mile Challenge for schools
- Train with us to deliver physical activity programmes
- Useful links and resources for physical activity
Clare Drummy, Physical Activity Coordinator, Tel. 028 3756 3971 email@example.com
Rhonda Richardson, Fit for You Project Coordinator (programmes for adults with physical, sensory or learning disabilities), Tel. 028 3756 4490 firstname.lastname@example.org