GUM (Genito Urinary Medicine)
The GUM (Genito Urinary Medicine) Service provides free sexual health advice, testing and treatment for genital infections and other sexually transmitted infections.
Clinics are held in
- John Mitchel Place, Newry – Monday all day and Wednesday morning
- Portadown Health Centre – Tuesday and Thursday
- Thorndale Unit, Craigavon Area Hospital – Friday morning
The clinics operate an appointment system. To book an appointment please call 028 3756 2080.
What tests are available?
We offer testing, advice and treatment for infections including:
- Genital Warts
Many people attend the clinic with conditions which are not sexually transmitted, such as thrush, bacterial vaginosis and other genital skin conditions.
We also provide:
- Vaccinations against Hepatitis A and B
- Pregnancy testing
- Emergency Hormonal Contraception
- Free condoms to clinic patients
- Access to Post Exposure Prophylaxis following sexual exposure to HIV (PEPSE).