The Adult Learning Disability Team (Community Teams) is a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) providing support to adults who have a learning disability to maintain and promote service users’ independence, safety and wellbeing within the community.
The MDT includes, Social Workers, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Sensory, Physiotherapists and Speech and Language Therapists, as well working closely as Learning Disability Psychiatry, Psychology and other specialist services such as the LD Crisis Response & Home Treatment Team and the LD Forensic Service. We also work with an Independent Advocacy Service, the Housing Executive and Police as well care providers and other agencies.
It is the case manager’s role to coordinate and facilitate MDT assessment to promote and ensure a holistic approach and shared decision making to care and risk management. Case managers:
- work with service users and carers using person-centred approach
- undertake service user and carer assessments to identify how the Trust can support
- respond to safeguarding concerns
- commission services such as: domiciliary care, direct payments, residential and nursing home placement, daycare, day opportunities, short breaks
- provide support/ guidance to service users, carers and their families
There are three facility locations in Armagh and Dungannon, Banbridge and Craigavon and Newry and Mourne.
St Luke’s Hospital (Opening day/times Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm)
Ward 5, St Luke’s Hospital, Loughgall Road, Armagh, BT61 7NQ
Eden Centre (Opening day/times Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm)
293 Bridge Street, Portadown, Craigavon, BT63 5AR
Routes to access the service
- Be aged 18 years or over
- Provide evidence of a formal diagnosis of Learning Disability e.g. Psychometric Assessment
- Be a resident within the Southern Trust area
Meet the teams
Covid 19 specific information
Please do not entre building unless visit has been organised with staff member.
Learning Disability Week 2022
Makaton signing/easy read
Makaton and Easy Read information available
Advocacy services & contacts
Independent Advocacy Service commissioned form Disability Action