The contraception service supports individuals to make informed choices in relation their own contraceptive and sexual health needs.
The service is confidential and is available to all genders, including young people under 16.
The clinics operate on an appointment system
028 37 562 200
You will be asked to provide details including your name, date of birth, two methods of contact, your health and care number (if available) and the name of your General Practitioner (Family Doctor).
We will then contact you when appointments are available. We will endeavour to offer you an appointment at a time and location convenient to you.
If you require emergency contraception a member of the clinical staff will allocate you the soonest, appropriate appointment.
- Intrauterine devices (IUS/CIUD)
- Contraceptive implant
- Contraceptive injection
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Barrier methods, including male and female condoms
- Emergency contraception
Portadown Health & Care Centre, Tavanagh Avenue
Portadown, BT62 3BU
John Mitchelle Place, Hill Street,
Newry, BT34 3BU
South Tyrone Hospital
“A” Floor, Carland Road, Dungannon
Brownlow Health Centre, Legahory Centre
Criagavon, BT65 5BE
We also offer:
- Testing for chlamydia and gonorrhoea for those attending the service for contraception
- Pregnancy testing and signposting for pregnancy advice
- Advice around contraception and the menopause
- General counselling for those with psycho-sexual issues
We Value all feedback
At any stage of your journey through our service we would be keen to hear your “story” via careopinion.org.uk
Please use the link below to share your experience anonymously with others.