97% of parents would recommend Henry
89% feel more confident as a parent
What is Henry?
Henry is an eight week programme aimed at young families with children aged 0-5 years. It is an early intervention for young families to promote and enhance a healthy lifestyle.
Main themes covered:
- Parenting Confidence
- Physical activity for children
- What families eat
- Family lifestyle habits
- Enjoying life as a family
Who are the Henry team?
Our Henry team is made up of Coordinator of the programme and currently nine fully trained Health Visiting Assistants who work throughout the Trust area.
What do parents say?
- One mother who completed the programme stated that she gained so much from it. She said that she is utilising the strategies in all elements of her parenting.
- One parent said the girls delivering the programme were ‘great’.
- One mother stated she has been encouraged to take charge and has started a meal plan in the home. She has made small but effective changes in her home to encourage a healthier lifestyle for the family. An example was that her child wanted an ice-cream from the van but she bought ice pops instead because she knew the ice pops were better for him in terms of fat/sugar content.
How do I get in touch?
More information can be found at www.henry.org.uk or contact Anne on details below. Self-referrals are also welcome.