CAMHS Eating Disorder Service
We are a Multi-professional team of Eating Disorder Specialists- Nurses/ Social Worker, a Family Therapist, Dietitian and Medic who have specialist training and experience in the treatment of Eating Disorders.
The team is based in The Sperrins, Ceardarwood Building Longstone Site, Armagh, providing a Monday-Friday 9am-5pm service, for 10-18 year olds living in the Southern Trust Area.
The Team specialises in the comprehensive assessment and treatment of young people who present on referral with:
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bulimia nervosa
- Eating Disorders not otherwise specified/Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders
WHO CAN REFER?
- General Practitioner/Family Doctor
- Paediatricians (hospital and community)
- Medical Physicians
- A&E Consultants
- Generic Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service Professionals
Referrals should be made by completing the Child and Adolescent Eating Disorder referral Performa
Self-referrals are not accepted.
SERVICE PROVISION:WHAT THE TEAM OFFER:
When a young person is referred to the Child and Adolescent Eating Disorder Service we offer a family and individual assessment and a full Dietetic assessment. If after these assessments, we believe that the Eating Disorder Service is appropriate to meet the young person’s needs, we will offer a follow up appointment and treatment plan. We will liaise with the young person’s GP/Referral agent throughout treatment.
The team believe that recovering from an eating disorder involves enabling a young person to be able to eat enough to grow and develop normally by finding a way of addressing his or her emotional needs through a medium other than food and eating. Successful intervention involves working towards some understanding not just recognition of the problem.
Following assessment we offer a range of interventions which include:
- Motivational work
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy & Multi Family Therapy
- Individual Nutritional Assessment Education and Reviews, Management of refeeding process
- Nutritional Educational groups
- Carers Support Education Group
The Team also provide
- Consultation Service to Trust Professionals