Condition Management Programme (CMP)
CMP is a voluntary, short-term work focused programme delivered by health care professionals throughout the five health care trusts in NI. It is funded by the Department for Communities, and assists service users to develop strategies and supports to manage their health condition(s) and make progress towards a return to work.
Participation in CMP lasts for up to 12 weeks. During this time the Service User will be supported to develop skills in managing their health condition(s), improving their quality of life and in turn the potential to develop skills, knowledge and confidence in pursuing “work” now or in the future.
CMP may be of benefit to those who:
- Are in work and struggling to stay in work due to a health condition(s);
- Have recently gone off work due to a health condition(s); or
- Are in receipt of benefits and struggling to find work due to a health condition(s)
Depending on the individual Service User’s needs, participants may work with one or more of our experienced healthcare professionals, which can consist of:
- Occupational Therapist
- MH Nurse
CMP offers advice on:
- Dealing with stress, anxiety, low mood/depression
- Coping with pain and fatigue
- Relaxation techniques
- Communicating with confidence
- Developing a healthier lifestyle
- Looking after your back
- Exploring potential work options
How to Access CMP
GP or healthcare professionals can make a referral by completing the referral form linked below.
Service users can contact their local CMP office directly by phone or text: CMP 1341 to 67300 to make a self-referral.