Memory / Dementia Service
The Memory Service provides a specialist, holistic, multi-disciplinary response for those people who experience memory difficulties. If you, the person you care for, or someone you know is experiencing memory problems or have been diagnosed with a dementia illness, the following services are offered by a team of 45 practitioners from medicine, mental health nursing, social work, and Allied Health Professions backgrounds that specialise in the area of dementia care.
- Specialist diagnosis
- Assessment of client and carer needs
- Carer Information and Education Programme
- Counselling and support
- Specialist Residential/Nursing Care
- Inpatient services are provided in the Gillis Centre in St Luke’s Hospital, Armagh for investigation, assessment and/or treatment/management
- Gillis Pre Admission Leaflet
- Specialist Day Care Service
Accessing the service
Most referrals are made by GPs or health professions, but anyone can make a referral directly to the team on their own behalf or on behalf someone else.