Social Work Service
The Social Work and Social Care service is designed to enable individuals to arrive at person-centred solutions to problems or difficulties they face in their lives. This is achieved by providing access to practical and personal care support and also via the provision of a therapeutic social work service which empowers individuals to exercise choice and control and to adapt to people’s changing circumstances.
Social Work plays a lead role in the protection of vulnerable adults from abuse. Social workers and social care assistants work in Acute Services, Children and Young People’s Services, Mental Health and Disability Services, and Older People and Primary Care Services.
Accessing the service
- Referral Criteria used Southern Health and Social Services Board domiciliary care eligibility criteria
- Southern Trust Care Management eligibility criteria
- Regional Adult Protection criteria
- Identification of social/ psychological problems which would benefit from social work input.
- GP or self referral or other professional staff
- Referrals are accepted from a wide range of healthcare staff or in some cases self referrals.