Skip to Main Content Skip to Site Map Skip to Accessibility Statement

Transport Services

The Transport Department provides a user friendly, high quality, responsive and efficient transport service which enables eligible patients and clients to access health and social care services following an assessment of need. Transport Services are provided mainly by the Trust’s transport fleet but also include voluntary and community sector organisations, taxi operators and private operators. In addition, the Transport Department provides a freight service for laboratory, pharmacy, food, laundry, courier services.

The Department provides passenger transport:
  • Travel to Day Care
  • Outreach Activities from Day Care
  • Social Activities for In-Patients
  • Transport to community based lunch clubs
  • Transport for voluntary and community groups in the evening and at weekends
  • Social outings for residential facilities and supported housing
  • Management of Taxi Private Sector Services
  • Management of Voluntary Driver Services
  • Management of vehicles operated by Children’s Homes and various POC facilities in the Trust area
  • Transportation of Hospital Visitors in some areasThe Department is also responsible for freight transport:
  • Clinical Waste Collection
  • Courier Service
  • Pharmacy Delivery, including vaccinations requiring temperature control arrangements
  • Transport of Diagnostic Specimens to and from Hospitals and GP Practices
  • Community Service Delivery
  • Community equipment delivery and collection service
  • Cardboard waste for recycling collection
  • Delivery of promotional literature/materials
  • Accessing the service

If you are a person with a disability or the carer, please contact your social worker, community nurse or care manager and they will assess your needs and will, if applicable, make a referral to Transport Services.

If you are a child known to the Children and Young Persons Team, your social worker, community nurse or care manager will request transport on your behalf.

If you require the movement of goods either in the Acute or Community setting, please telephone your local department and follow up with the appropriate form.


Also in this Section